Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Darn that Pig

An interesting encounter with Ginger the Pig this morning:

I was in the lower vegetable garden, weeding the corn beds (so we can sow broad beans, aka fava beans). I'm listening to Cher (don't mock me, it's really good music to weed to) and minding my own business. Ginger was out of his pen (I think the thing has been shorting out) minding his own business on the other side of the fence (the veggie garden is fenced in so the chooks and ducks don't get in there and eat everything), eating, and generally just hanging out (as much as a pig can hang out). I got the feeling that he liked being near me.

Next thing I know, the darn pig is in the garden with me! He has learned how to finagle himself around the chicken wire door of the garden. And of course he doesn't understand to not walk on the beds, so he's traipsing across all the veggies and I'm chasing around after him trying to get him out of the garden. Finally I succeeded (but not after he ate a green tomato and stuck his little hooves in too many of the beds) and he was back outside, chilling with the ducks and chooks.

Silly pig.

No comments: