Monday, May 28, 2007

Farewell to Bushlie's Corner

Tonight marks my last night in Kaimata, with the lovely and wonderful Burwell Heard family. Fate sent me here -- I'm incredibly lucky to have stumbled across such a warm, loving and open family, who allowed me to share my life (troubles and all) with them. I've spent a great three weeks here -- I met my first fairy, scaled my first mountain alone, tasted my first feijoa (how I will miss them!), as well as plenty of other things that I don't want the wide world of the internets to know about. I feel that I developed a good base of knowledge with which to start my first garden -- sustainability here I come!

But time marches on -- I'm headed up to the Coromandel Peninsula for the rest of my time in NZ, so I can say farewell to my fantasyland. Then 5 nights in Sydney, then to Korea to visit Ben -- quite looking forward to seeing someone that I can say "Hey remember when we did this a coupla years ago?...." to.

Hope all is well back in the states. Someone send me an email if Bush gets impeached. Or if a heart attack fells Cheney.

No comments: